What is Google Classroom?
Google Classroom is a class-organization platform incorporates Google's core G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, and other Google products) students can access everything they need such as assignments, homework, newsletters, etc. for a class. It is your child’s digital link to learning.
NOTE: If you have not logged into your Google Account for STPSB, please watch the video Logging into Your Google Account.
Getting Started with Google Classroom
- In the omnibox (address bar), type www.google.com.
Accessing the Google Classroom:
- If using your district issued Chromebook, students will log in using their unique STPSB credentials. This will bring them to the St. Tammany Parish district website
- If using a desktop or laptop open the Chrome browser, you will click on the Sign in block in the upper right hand corner.
- You will see the Google Account in the upper right hand corner with a colored circle around your initial.
- Click on the 9 squares (Waffle) next to your initial to see the Google Suite of Products.
- Click on Classroom. This will bring up a list of classrooms you are enrolled.
- If you do not have any classrooms, click on the + sign and Join Class using the code your teacher provided.
The St. Tammany Parish Public School System created a Guaranteed Curriculum to serve as a written, online document to help ensure uniform, high-quality instructional resources across the School System. The Guaranteed Curriculum is locally developed and is a living document, which is constantly reviewed and revised. The online document is a guide to what teachers should teach and what students should know and be able to do.